SHERI Y. DEAN
Mediation & Arbitration
Knowledge. Experience. Convenience.
As a Former Family Law Judge who served for 8 years and as a Family Law Attorney/Mediator for 21 years, I hope you will agree, that 29 years of experience and knowledge will lend itself to settling any type of family law case without the need for expensive and extensive time in the Courtroom for you and your clients.
Family Law continues to be my life's work, and I hope to continue to serve in this new capacity helping families resolve their differences without the need for court intervention.
I come to you!
For your convenience, and in consideration of your time, I plan to come to the attorneys' offices so you do not have to come to me. As an attorney, it was great not to have to haul my case file, arrange to meet with my client at an unfamiliar place, as well as drive and park!
If a neutral site is required, other than your office, I will make arrangements with locations I have secured around the area near you to conduct the mediation or arbitration.
Scheduling is easy! Book online even while you are away from your office. Having the ability to schedule while all parties are present on location can help save time instead of having to wait and coordinate schedules after returning to your office.
The interactive calendar allows immediate booking on available dates or you can always email or call us and we will be happy to book for you. A variety of options and rates are available for your review below for in person and remote mediations or arbitrations.
** OFFERING REMOTE SERVICES VIA ZOOM AS WELL AS IN-PERSON SERVICES **
View available days and times on the calendar and then select a service below to reserve your spot or get in touch with us now. When booking your service, please select a time that adheres to our standard meeting times.
If you require a meeting outside of these standard service times, please select the requested time when booking and a representative will contact you to confirm availability.
Morning: 9am - 1pm
Afternoon: 1pm - 5pm
9am - 5pm
HALF DAY PLUS
Any time between
9am - 5pm (6 hours)
Services exceeding the half or full day time limits will be billed at $150 per party for each additional hour
Neutral site cost, if required, is not included
Payment accepted in the form of cash, cashiers check, money order, attorney check or credit/debit card will be collected at the beginning of the session. If the session goes longer than the allotted service time, additional payment will be collected at its conclusion.
Please Note: A service charge of 3.0% will be applied for credit/debit card transactions.
Judge of the 309TH Family Court since September, 2010 – December, 2018
• Main area of practice in Family Law since June, 1992 (29 years)
• Qualified Mediator in Family Law and Civil Law since 1997 (24 years)
• Served extensively as Court Appointed Guardian/Attorney Ad Litem and Amicus Attorney for Children in Litigation
• Extensive trial experience including bench and jury trials on the merits for issues regarding child issues and property issues
• Extensive settlement experience with parties through mediation and party settlement conferences
• Visiting Judge for Texas Family Courts upon request
• 2010 – 2018 Presiding Judge 309TH Family Court, Harris County Texas
• 1992 -2010 Law Firm of Sheri Y. Dean & Associates
• South Texas College of Law - J. D. 1991
- Member of Phi Alpha Delta Fraternity
- President of Women's Legal Forum
• University of Texas at Austin
- Bachelor of Business Administration. 1976 - Dean’s list, Fall and Spring, 1976.
• 1997 Received certificate of A.A. White Dispute Resolution Institute for completing 40 hours of mediation training
• 1997 Received certificate of A.A. White Dispute Resolution Institute for completing 24 hours of advance training: Divorce & child custody (family) mediation training